• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mrmillelacs

ice out status web site

Great Link mrmillelacs thanks!...very useful information.

We'll keep posting our local updates as well over in the Alexandria forum..

------------------
Northeast Outfitters
915 Hwy 29 N NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
(320) 763-9598

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Well yesterday marks 10 years of craziness on this web page for me.  The time has gone by fast and I have met a lot of great folks along the way. I tried to do a slide show but I’m just not that good on that stuff so here is a long group of pictures of just some of the folks I have met and enjoyed fishing, GTG's and sledding with from this site. There were many more met at GTG’s and other fishing and sledding trips but I just didn’t get pictures of them all. 🙁 Some I met just for one outing and others I have done many trips with over the years. I joined to mainly “Leech” fishing and hunting ideas and spots off all you folks but instead I met and had great times with a lot of you.  Meeting and getting out in the Outdoors with folks is what this site should really be about along with sharing ideas.  Here’s to the next 10 years and all the adventures to come! 🙂 Leech~~ Matts.bmp J's fish.bmp
    • Foam may give me a couple extra days. I try to pull the shack ahead for fresh ice every two to three weeks.    Alot of times I have to move due to a heavy snow fall or warm streak. As the weight displaces water caused from the sagging ice sheet underneath me.    Nobody ever said living on A floating ice cube for two months straight was going to be easy or smart.    
    • what garmin do you have?  garmins lake maps here: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/125128#devices
    • as some of you know by the various topics I"ve posted on different ice house questions, you've guessed this is my first year with one, and thanks for the responses so far.  another question, how long are you guys getting to run your ice castles on just a 12 volt group 27 power supply? the other night, i was getting some stuff ready, had the heater running, lights, and radio. about 15 min later, my 3year old co/propane alarm detector was throwing the low voltage alarm. I always have the battery plugged in with the built in battery maintainer ice castle provides. so i thought the charger may have been shot, tested the battery with a 12volt tester and everything was good. hooked up a different charger and that read full battery.  so I turned the heat off and the radio with the 15 sec beep going and it stopped after i had just the LED lights going. I called the manufacturer of the co/lp alarm and she said the low voltage goes off at around 10volts. the battery is 2 years old.  next thing i did was swapped batteries with a 1 year old battery, ran everything the same for  a good 40 minutes with no low voltage alarm going, so now I"m thinking my 2 year old battery cant handle the load high enough for the alarm to go off even though the lights are bright and no sign of being weak.  so long story short, how long should i be able to expect to have my lights, furnace, and radio on-granted my current battery is good to go? I'd figured it would be nice not having to run the genny at night if i can get away with just the furnace and no dam low voltage alarm waking me up at night
    • That's interesting. I would believe fish gorge themselves then go a day or two without eating.  They probably don't eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and second dinner like I do!
    • If you're confined to the sleeper then your results are going to be hit or miss and your odds of a really epic day aren't very good.  You'll probably catch some fish in the sleeper but I have yet to experience a truly great day by just staying in the sleeper.     Like others have said Cookies on Red Lake is a good option.  I've stayed with him before and he moved the house for us on Saturday afternoon when we only had a handful of fish by then.  The bite didn't pick up substantially with the move but its nice to know the guy is doing everything he can to give you a good trip.   I haven't stayed with Johnny P at Red Lake Remote but I've heard nothing but good things.    I think if you explained your experience to any of those guys they'll do their very best to give you an epic day but of course they can only do so much.   Do you usually come up with a bunch of other people or by yourself?  Maybe there is a way to get you out in a more mobile set up where you can go punch a bunch of holes and go find the fish.  From my experience there really isn't a trick to fishing Red Lake its all about moving around drilling lots of holes until you get on them.   Just find a spot without anyone else around and start drilling.  
    • i'm hoping santa brings me some!!!!!!!!!!!! but i've been told i havent been all the good the past year!!!!!!!!😩
    • Plan on an archery tag again this spring.  Only Minnesota, hope to someday hunt a Merriams somewhere.
    • not sure how accurate this is, but i read once that a fish will eat its weight once every 3 days????????????
    • I was at Cabelas over the weekend and they had a sign at the fish tanks with the feeding schedule. They only feed them 3 times a week, and there are some really nice sunnies and crappies in those tanks. Made me wonder how often fish actually eat. Also gave me a great excuse for all those times I go out and get skunked.