• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

No more trash man for me!

(FACT) - The #1 reason landowners shut down access to hunters and fisherman is littering and general disrespect for private and public property.

This season we have all witnessed more trash and waist on our lakes and rivers then ever before.

Has anyone seen a single violation issued? Not I.

Responsible sportsman and sportswoman pack it in and pack it out when they leave.

We pick it up; they toss it out again the next day. When you can pick up a 30-gal trash bag one-day and then return the next day and do the same, you have become the garbage man for the irresponsible and uncaring.

No more trash man for me, report all litter's, document the events, turn them in, press charges, make it stick, that is the new plan for me. Cameras, and camcorders are a handy tool, use them well. I will go to court to see them change their ways! Try me once and see.

Courts need to issue mandatory trash pick up sentences and a healthy fine after they do so. No more pay the fine and leave, pick up trash or sit in jail until you pick up your fair share of trash.

They will learn, or at least think twice, before they litter our woods & waters again. If they repeat, guess what, twice the pick time or jail, or both. I see this as the only way to change their individual habits.

Slobs beware, we will be watching, and we will no longer pick up your trash for you.

The tips line number is on ever license issued, use it or call the local police and INSIST on action.

If we don't we will see more and more loss of hunting and fishing access rights.

The outdoors we once hunted and fished will then be a trash dump for the irresponsible and the uncaring.

It is our choice.

------------------
Backwater Eddy.......><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
Ed Carlson
(701)-281-2300

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

I understand your frustration. However, it is not only the lakes (or hunters & anglers). In my part of rural Central Minnesota all you have to do is drive a few miles of secondary roads and you will see just about every kind of discard tossed into the ditches -- including motor blocks, dishwashers, truck tires, refridgerators, and the usual smaller dump (cans, bottles, etc.).

My wife and I used to walk our road and fill plastic garbage bags with as much junk as we would carry. I'm done.

We're looking at a contemporary sickness about which local and state governments seem not to care.

backwatereddy, your right on target,we have to get the message out to everybody to start taking action instead of hollering about it.Only us on the water or woods can make a difference and its time we ban togather and do it. So i'll say i'm with you
Jason

------------------
fishing fever guide service
fishingminnesota.com/fishingfever/
phone 218-327-2191
e-mail [email protected]

You know that thing your mother always told you, "If you can't say anything nice . . ." ?

Well, you really don't want to know what I think of polluters. But . . . it's almost as difficult for me to understand people who consciously pitch garbage out the window or leave dump behind on the ice than it is for me to comprehend certain politicians and hard criminals.

It makes me sick to see those scatterings of beer cans (typically the same people guilty of wanton waste of game and fish, I fear) around outlines of now removed fish houses. I guess I've always been naiive in the fact that I thought all sportsmen were my kind of people.

I and too many others cherish the envirions in which fish & game live way too much to not take action on this one. It's just a no-brainer.

[This message has been edited by Toad (edited 03-01-2002).]

the problem in my area started when cities started charging 2 or 3 different charges for garbage removal. i dont agree with people littering but the over charging seems to contribute to it. I spend alot of time out in the woods and nothing is worse than walking down an old loggig road and finding someone unwanted trash in MY woods.

I live in the country, and garbage is a normal sight everywhere. I really hate when people goes to McDonalds, then dumps bag of garbage out of the windows, or empty beer cases right on road, so if they get pulled over they won't have any problem.
I spent 10 minutes trying to dislodge a buried gas bottle from Shields lake, but ice was too thick and I didn't have anything to dig. I agree 100 % with problem regarding fees, especially considering landfill charges us SALES TAX of 17%. It still bugs me I have to pay sales tax on garbage, what is it a regular commodity ?? Then above it there is the 17% !!! Why not 6.5% like everything else???

Anyway, I think the problem is in people's mind more than fees. We should do something, if our government ends the "child's fight" they are carrying on lately, maybe we can wake up some politician, it's just a matter taking the pacifier out of their mouth wink.gif

Val

walleye1.gif

[This message has been edited by Valv (edited 03-01-2002).]

I agree 100%. Everyone should pick up their trash and do their part.

However, talking until we are blue in the face may not do any good, at least on this HSOforum, as I believe all members that post here are respectable sportsman and DO THEIR PART already. I believe all my friends here have the common sense and the respect for natural habitiat to take their trash with them and be responsible. That's why everyone on this site I consider a friend.

I am happy to hear you have the energy and will to take action Eddy. I am sure everyone here appreciates your tenasity and will to help keep the wildlife wild.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Happy Fishing.

PCG