• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Get Arctic Cat ready for buddy in Iraq

LakeTahoe

I have a buddy over in Iraq right now, who asked me to get his sled out of storage and get it all fired up and ready for him to ride when he gets late January. So I picked it up today and it doesn't start. It seems to fire right up if I pour a tiny bit of gas right into the spark plug holes (and then put the plugs back in, obviously) but then it just dies down after 2 seconds. To me it seems that it's not getting any fuel? it's been sitting for 2 winters, I think, so maybe that's partly to blame. But I pulled and pulled, choke, no choke, throttle down etc, and it just won't fire on it's own... anybody have a clue? I might just have to bring it in somewhere. I think it's a '98 Arctic Cat 500cc.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts.

is there a fuel shut off on it?i would get rid of the old gas,change the fuel filter and give the carbs a good cleaning.then get the grease gun out and grease everything that has a zerk on it.there is more that should be done but keeping it running would be the first step,let us know how it goes.