• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris Service question

minnbowhunter

Hi fellas, I have an old 500 Sportsman. I have had it for years and have done all of the minor work on it myself. Now i have a few issues that I don't feel comfortable messin with. Can anyone point me towards a dealership in the Metro area that you have had good luck with. I don't want this to turn into a dealership bashin thing, but I know that some are better than others when it comes to service. Thanks

I have the same Wheeler you have and I've taken mine to the Hitch'n Post in Hopkins for many years. They've always been square with me on service and suggestions for future preventative maintenance.

Sorry to hear that--can you say what went wrong or just in general something about the service department?

The reason I ask is that I've only had them do the easy stuff, like yearly check-up, routine maint. Oil change. I wouldn't like to be let down on something more mechanical if I need it.

I've never purchcased anything there and never will. I went in to inquire about a bike. The sales staff at the time treated me like I was a skid row bum who just walked into a Ferrari dealership.

As far as service, I was in another forum, prior to my HSO days,in which I took a conversation offline (out of the forum) with another user who had been burned after having some service done. The dealership damaged a wheel beyond repair that wasn't even related to the service that was supposed to be performed.