• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Shore spots on Devils Lake

Thinking about coming to Devils Lake for some fishing. Can you guys give me a few good shore spots on Devils Lake for White Bass? Also, which restaurant would you guys recommend for good dining.

The best shore fishing is along Hgwys 281 and 19 north of Minnewaukan. You'll get walleyes, northerns and whitebass. Get your bait at Randy's Baitshop in Minnewaukan.

The Woodland Resort is my favorite place to eat and atmosphere for the outdoorsman. Pretty fancy. Too fancy for me so I sit in the bar area. It has an great menu.

By the way...A new bar/grill will be opening in Minnewaukan by the 4th of July. The guys have gutted the old restarunat on 281, got a liquor license and will specialize in steaks.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

Fished Minnewaukan Sunday in a boat along the road with the rock where others were shore fishing and limited out with eaters at dusk. Had a great time and went into Minnewaukan to the local pub to get some beverages. We started fishing around noon. We were about ready to pack it up with only 1 eye that we got on a deep diver shad rap in 12 feet and then around 8:30 they were hitten our leaches on a slip bobber in about 6 feet. One after another. We let 2 3.5 lbers go and kept the smaller ones for table fare.

We went back there Monday to try and repeat but after seeing the 4 foot swells we went to misson bay and kept 2. Buddy had a huge run with the drag as tight as it would go and it was still spooling line right into the timber and broke it off. My guess is a huge pike but we will never know. Pulled some real nice eyes out with perch colored count downs in the 2-6 ft depths today. Was a great weekend for fishing. Good luck.