• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake Ice Reports

So if we went up on friday or sat. do you think we could get on the lake? Wifes wondering why I've been such a bear lately. If I don't get that sucker in the water this weekend Im gonna loose it. They are saying 60-70 most of the week.

It will still be a few days before ice is off here on Devils Lake. The smaller bays are clear. Ice is pulling away from the shore on the main bodies. Wind pushes the slushy mess back into contact with the shore. It still is somewhat firm in the main bodies but just needs some warm wind to really break it up.

I have been predicting an April 26 ice-out. I would guess this Thursday might be it. It will take a few days to get docks in. The State Parks crew at Grahams Island, the Lake Region Anglers Association and the Minnewaukan Community Club do a great job in getting the public docks in so us nuts can get in the boat. I can't wait to smell the exhaust.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

I wouldn't want to lay odds on totally open access. It will depend on were on the lake you would try. I don't know for sure if any ramps and the general areas around them are clear.

I need to find one close so I can at least get the motor in the water and fire it up before I actually plan to go out. You just never know until you get it running.

Today looks better than yesterday. More and more open water but we ain't there yet. It is open for hundreds of feet not miles.
------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

[This message has been edited by kevin neve (edited 04-21-2003).]

Kevin I plan on fishing for northern and such in the bays.. could me and the boy get in on the north side in the bays/?? Even with no dock I could have a guy hold the boat while i parked the truck>>> Damon

Deemo I talk to a guy from DL yesterday and he said that all the bays were open and that you could get boats in, but the main part of the lake still has ice.

------------------
Grip it and Rip it

IFFWalleyes
I Fish For Walleyes

fishing was good in channel a ... lots of good northen and good action for shore fisherman. they took home a meal. i went boat and we all caught 1 4.3lb. walleye and several northern. in 4 hrs