• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Devils Lake

Walleye
We were up to DL last year in late June. Hit some rough weather lightning and strong SE winds made it rough on the main bays. We moved to Pelican on the other side of 19 and did good on 6-7 pound fish close to shore in about 10 ft over weeds.
Rod&Real

Walleye Pimp,Maybe you want to scroll down the page on this forum to Devils Lake and run any questions you have by Kevin Neve.He guides on Devils and seems willing to give out good info.Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Jiggin'

Jigster

[This message has been edited by JIGSTER (edited 03-19-2002).]

I said it before and I'll say it again... the best time to fish is when you can fish. wink.gif Devils Lake is good all year long sometimes it is fantastic, 50-100 catch walleye days can happen. The season never ends. We buy leeches by the pound and crawlers by the flat. Do you want to cast, pull cranks, vertical jig, slipbobber...

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

Thanks for the tips I am gonna try to line up a crew for June or when ever. 2 last questions. What is the average size walleye and are there slots? Otherwise look for a green Lund this summer it could be me. Thanks guys

------------------
<;(((><

There are no slots on DL. All we ask is that you practice CPR on anything 18 plus. Believe me when they get over 18 inches, the table quality does go down some. I personally like to eat 14 inchers.

We consider fish 15-18 inches "eaters" or "keepers" here. That is differnet from a lot of other lakes where 13-15 are the "eaters" or "keepers". Fish in the 1.5 to 2# range are most common and should make up the bulk of a days catch. Mix in several 20 - 24 inchers and you have a typical summers day catch. I've had many, many days when my top 5 walleyes are 24 inches. If release them you can catch em day after day and not burn a spot.

Eight pound northerns are a dime a dozen. Just pull cranks in 12 foot water of and you'll find some. Keep em all!!!

I'll have the Warrior with black trim and a golden retriever. Wave when you go by.

------------------
Kevin Neve's Devils Lake Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/kevin-neve-guiding/
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 701-473-5411 or 701-351-4989
Minnewaukan ND

Hey Kevin,
I would bring my Golden Retriever but I am afraid he would swamp my small Lund boat. He weighs in at a slim 110 lbs.
I can't wait for some Channel A action!
Tully