• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV rear seat

alg

I just bought a new Yamaha Grizzly 550 with a rear seat by Moose. The seat does not work very well. My wife sits back there, and the way the seat is (slants forward), she keeps sliding forward. I ordered a pair of rear fender guards/foot pegs, and hope that'll help, but I tried sitting back there, and without evening moving I slide forward off the seat. Anyone have any suggestions of a better seat?

It was installed at the dealership. It merely U-bolts to the rear rack. I don't think it can be installed any differently. I'm thinking it may just be a poorly designed seat. Anyone use one that they're happy with?

I just bought a Kimpex seat that I am going to install after the ice season. I noticed that they have gone to a bolster toward the front crotch area of the botton cushion (probably to secure the rider back there). Is there any way that you can tilt the seat/cushion toward the back a bit???

I just bought a new Yamaha Grizzly 550 with a rear seat by Moose. The seat does not work very well. My wife sits back there, and the way the seat is (slants forward), she keeps sliding forward. I ordered a pair of rear fender guards/foot pegs, and hope that'll help, but I tried sitting back there, and without evening moving I slide forward off the seat. Anyone have any suggestions of a better seat?

Alg. When you install the footpegs, life will be better. Another thing that you could try if you need more leaning toward the rear is fold up a towel and put it under the front of the seat and see if that helps. But the footpegs if I had to bet, will end your problem. Good luck and keep us informed, Junky...........