• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1977 mercury 115hp. tilt and trim

jb426

Have 1977 merc. 115 hp. tilt and trim went out last summer. It slowly died, meaning it was working fine then over the course of five days it started moving up and down slower then finally died completly. sometimes it clicks once when you press the button other times it sounds like its pumping but very weakly. I thought connection issue, checked seems good, jumped selnoids all the same. Question is where do i get new tilt/trim don't want to spend too much but would like to have it. Will any merc tilt/trim fit? Thanks.

Sounds to me like the electric motor is bad. Before replacing it, remove it and have it tested and repaired. Most automotive electric shops should be able to do this.

Yours should be the unit that has the 2 external rams and the pump and motor unit is located in the boat. I dont think you can get the motor anymore and would be looking at replacing the whole assembly which is very expensive.

Ok, thanks will try bringin it too the shop. I have it off the boat already as i replaced all the fluid, long shot but worth a try.

Boatfixer, yea the the motor is in the boat. I'll try the new place in elk river, see how they treat me.