• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Guillemot on Lake Superior

Borealhunter

This sighting was discovered by Kim Eckert's MN Birding Trips on Saturday 11/7 AT Schroeder ( Taconite Harbor ) MN. The odd thing was the bird alive or dead when we all saw it at 7:15am 11/8. The bird was picked up in rigor mortis state and the last time any birder saw it move around was 1:45am 11/8 by some SE MN birders. The bird is now part of the collection at the University of MN Bell Museum. This is a first state record for MN. The normal range for this bird is the far northern Hudson Bay towards Greenland and upper NE section of Canada. I thought I share a photo of the bird in this forum for those that might of heard about it. OH this side you see of the bird the eye was shut and the other side it was half open. I did not add this bird to my list but others I know are not sure or they are counting it because they thought they saw some eye movement. I know there are some laughing going on but hell its birding and listing.. HA! Enjoy.

BLGU.jpg

I hear the acorn woodpecker has been on the same tree now for five hours, hopefully someone will remove it soon, and then maybe whoever has been placing these stuffed rarities about the state will be caught and dealt with! smile Just kidding, this sounded/looked like an awesome experience Mike, cool photo, thanks for sharing and you handled the web brewhaha about listing/chasing with dignity sir!! You are the ambassador of bird!