• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2004 Ice Buster fishing tournament.

Season Greetings fellow FM'ers.

I am giveing you a heads up on what I hope will be the first ever Ice fishing tournament on the Red Lake River. Date changed, We will keep you posted. We still need a good name for it.. "Ice Buster" is just my first idea and handy for the time being....

The Crookston Drift Busters snowmobile club and my slef are planning this event. We are so far planning a full day of events.

Radar runs for snowmobiles, Icefishing contest, mini snowmobile rides for kids, Free swimming at the pool in the Northland Inn, and dance at the Northland Inn.

Times are being worked out along with all the other details.

Keep an eye out for more details and suggestions are welcome. This is the first time I have ever headed up such an event and it is a ton of work...If we do it right we might not even need permits from the DNR. The only detail is the number of contestants and that will now be known until the event I would recken??

We are thinking of $10. entry for adults, $5.00 for kids, Prizes are going to be trophies and clothing, and several types of fish classes.

Hope to see some of you here. I have been fishing the area where we are having it and have been seeing many fish on the camera, Cats, Pike, Eyes, Saugers, Suckers, Carp, Crappies, Sm mouth Bass.

We just need some good cold ice making weather before then so the ice will be good for safety of people on the river. It is now rangeing from 4"-10" all within the area.

I'll be back...............................

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Red River & Minnesota River,for Channel Cats, Flatheads & Walleyes
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

[This message has been edited by Wiskers Guiding Service (edited 12-25-2003).]

Ok Things are getting put together. We have set a date of Feb. 7, 2004.

We are going to give it our bets efforts to get this off the ground for our firts year.

Times of events are:

9:00am - 12:00 Radar runs,
12:00pm- 3:00Pm Fishing contest
Mini snowmobile rides for kids, 2pm-5pm.
Awards banquet 7pm at the Northland Inn
Dance follows awards banquet at Northland Inn.

The only hang up so far is we might only be able to allow 150 people to fish the first year due to permits unless we can get them in order before then.

Wish us luck and I hope to see some of you here. Please let me know if you think you can make it.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442

Ya we thought about that but we are limited to 150 people and with kids taking up spots, that really cuts down on over head for next years event. Maybe if we get permits for over 150 then we might let them be free.

Hope you can make it up.

So far as of the last few days, people have been getting fish in the dam area.... Cats, 2 8#, 10# & 5# pike, walleyes, and sheep head. Been seeing Crappies and lots of cats.

------------------
Wiskers Guiding Service
Crookston, MN
[email protected]

218-280-0442