• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vibo Lifts?

LegattoAD

Has anyone owned one of these? What do you think?

My wife and I are looking at getting a lift/cover for next season. We're going to take a look at the Hewitt's they have at Hallberg, but I'm wondering what people's opinions are.

Vibo caught my eye because they appear to be made in North Branch which is just down the road from a bit.

What do you think?

No experience with vertical, only cantiliever lifts.

I'm a big fan of Pier Pleasure lifts (manufactured in Mankato, dealer in Center City) - all aluminum, stainless steel (including cables) and brass. So nothing to rust, light weight and will last a long time. Most everything is welded which I also like, pullies are large and sturdy. The deeper canopy frame is also helpful for keeping rain out on those windy stormy days.

My father-in-law has two Vibo's. Since owning them I know he has had to replace the winch on one, cables (one stapped - galvinaized). Neighbor also has a Vibo, and last year had to replace/fix some pullies. I think my father in law is generally pretty happy with his. But design/construction seems to be a step blow pier pleasure's.

Thanks a lot guys, that's some food for thought.

I'd never actually heard of Newman's before, but we're headed out to Little Falls in a couple of weeks and might stop in Royalton to check things out.

I liked some of the options for the Pier Pleasure lifts, but are the legs easy to adjust? Where we camp, the water can get shallow in a hurry and it's no fun wading in the muck trying to make adjustments. And believe me, I mean muck... About a foot and a half of it.

That's one of the things I liked about the Vibo lifts is they have some kind of screw mechanism that you can adjust from the top of the leg for height.

Cool. Thanks again!

Go with a screw leg, for adjusting, by all means. I have a Floe vert. lift and while I like it I would like to have one of their newer models w/ the screw drive lift mechanisum vs the winch style I have. Also get a wheel kit if it can be pulled out of the lake.

Another thing to think about is putting a chain or cable bridle on the lift, as low as possible, and the letting the bridle sink into the bottom. I secure mine w/ some light nylon sash cord and just pull the bridle up out of the bottom b/4 hooking and pulling.