• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

used boat

kerryd15

going tomorrow to look at a couple boats. place has a couple 1990-92 dominators 16ft with side counsels. one has a merc 70 one has evenrude 70, which is the better motor? they are asking 4995 for both, like said haven't looked at them yet, but curious. thanks

a dominator of that age have the 2xb hull? anyone have a dominator that age, how do you like it? thanks

I have a 1991 Dominator(tiller),I love the boat.Even though it's a little older, it has alot of features that newer boats still have.The size for me is perfect it's not to big that you need truck to pull it.It works very well in small to larger lakes,it is easy to launch and take out at accesses. If you purchase one,I don't think you will be disapointed.(as long as it's in good condition and the motor is decent. Good Luck and be thourough in checking things out!

FL Jim

If the Evinrude has the VRO oil injection many of those had issues with them as they aged and would start to run lean, and just lean enough to slowly ruin the motor over time. It happened to my Brother in-law on a Johnson 90. We did some research and found out about the VRO pumps going bad, so he purchased a used powerhead from a johnson 88(88 was the same motor as a 90 but were a cheaper version with no oil injection or power trim)and that motor has been flawless for him so far he just has to mix the oil. If it does have the VRO I would look at the Merc instead.

Well for going 50 miles to a dealer i was very disapointed. to me both were junk. looking at the two side by side the backs of the seats were falling off, wires and cables pulled apart and laying on the floor and both boats didn't look like they ever saw the inside of a building. maybe i'm being too picky for 5 grand.