• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tree Trimmer Brooklyn Park area

eurolarva

A tree trimming service and a knowledgeable pruner are often two different people. Be sure that whoever you contract knows what they are doing when pruning a tree to shape future growth.

You may want to research this yourself. There are many excellent books available (library) and info is all over the place online. For small trees all you need are a pruning shear and a small folding saw. If nothing else, a little knowledge will help you qualify whoever you hire for the job.

Arborists do all jobs big and small. I tried to recommend a "smaller" outfit. They are all pricey because they bill by the hour no matter what size the job is.

If you're looking for some guy with a pruner and a pickup truck, then go right ahead, but I would stick with someone who doesn't look like a tree hack.

If these trees have only been in for 4yrs then I think a pole pruner or pole saw will be more than you need. You can do this yourself or hire someone.

I called three arbor type places today and they are going to give me quotes. When I lived in Crystal about 10 years ago I had a bad spell of oak wilt and eventually lost 7 beautiful red oaks. I had Tims trees bid on three of these trees and they were almost 300 dollars higher then their compitition however when they had to remove three trees at one time they came in low to average and I went with them cause they had a machine where they could remove the whole tree with one cut and lift it over my garage. I have no idea on the cost of this so I will see. I just wanted to give someone from Fishing Minnesota a chance at it if someone was interested.

I cant stress this enough- make sure to use a licensed and insured tree service. If they drop any branch wrong your liable. If they injure themselves your liable. Too many guys out there right now claim to be tree service but dont have a license or insurance coverage.

I worked for a company this spring that was licensed and insured for tree work. My boss went to do a bid and there was already a company out there doing the work. It was two yahoo's with a chevy lumina. They ended up dropping a branch on the neighbors garage and power line causing a fire. The crew disappeared.

DITTO!!!!!!!

This is so true! I have always worked for licensed and insured companies and I'm proud of that. The only time I'm not insured is when I do my own work or work for a family member.

If you choose to hire a fly-by-night outfit you risk throwing your money away. I realize some guys are more expensive but its because they are paying their insurance premiums and license fees. If you care enough to pay someone else to do the work you should care enough to hire someone who is qualified and safe.