• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

5th Annual Spearing Get To Gator.......December 19th....Clearwater!

bassNspear

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

true true better safe than sorry, Kinda feeling like all the cold weather that hasnt been around is going to swamp us now, wont take long once the lake is skimmed thats for sure, at 20degrees after skimmed over its makes an 1" in a day.... And its been colder than that so hopefully wishful thinking mixed with an elwood dance will make it all good for the GTG!

I am at the ice show right now.

A certain resort on Winni is reporting 2 inches of ice on the 3rd river flowage.

They are planning to push spear houses out this Sunday.

By next wednesday they should be full blown spearing!!!!

I talked to the people at High Banks and they don't have anything for spearing but this other resort will hook us up if we wanna go up with a group.

That is an option if anyone is interested.

I grew up in that area, and used to spear at third river quite often. Third River has some great spearing at times, and is always 1 of the first places to freeze up there. The water clarity is usually 10-12 feet. The access is not always the greatest though.

A certain resort on Winni is reporting 2 inches of ice on the 3rd river flowage.

I talked to the people at High Banks and they don't have anything for spearing but this other resort will hook us up if we wanna go up with a group.

You know I will

With the temps staying low for the next 2 weeks, I dont think we'll have to worry too much about ice. Unless people want to drive out there.

I've got 2 buddies that will be driving up from the south metro for the gathering. Winni is a bit far on our budget.

My wife n I are down we were thinking of taking a trip there ourselves, its cheap too I talked to those guys yesterday it looks like a fun time and they have a lodge for 16people...

i hope i'm not confused i've never been to this is it a contest or just a bunch of people showing each other how to spear fish is it lady friendly i would like to bring my wife if possible dont know how long she would last with out a bathroom grin also i dont have a 4 wheeler so do we have to drive a long way out and sorry not trying to make it long winded but do you bring your own house to fish or just watch the others

Bout the wife thing I brung mine last year and again this year, it helps that she spears :), bring your own house normally, if u don't have one normally someone has an extra along with spears, saws if there not dropped down the hole etc...

No contest just alot of fun spearing oh and who ever gets the most or biggest not sure cause I did both on the last one you get a traveling trophy and the distinction of being called the NORD-LORD until the next one.

i think we will be able to go. I wondering if someone in the area would be able to go and check it out middle of the week, and chekc to see how the water is as well for clarity! I cant make it out at all, being i have to go south from work training!