• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dog hunting vest?

DRH1175

Yep, the skid plate is a good one. Right now I'm using the Ripstop Chest Protector from Cabela's. I really like it. Easy to see the dog. Just make sure your dog has some room in the arm pit area (not a tight fit). Otherwise the protector will rub that area raw.

are you looking for a field vest or a neoprene one for waterfowling? I picked up one from Cabellas last year for duck hunting and am happy with it. It has floatation pockets on both sides and really helped my dog and his endurance while retrieving in the water.

I hunted with a guy that had a neoprene vest that had a handle on the back. I'd like to get on with the handle and flotation pockets...anyone seen one of these?

****edit****

I found one with a handle and flotation pockets...Avery Boaters Hunting Dog Parka. MPW has them for 40 bucks, 49 to ship. Anybody used one of these? I do a lot of boat hunting, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to pay extra for something with handles, but you have to ask yourself what your dog is worth I suppose.