• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High country mule deer hunt?

Just an FYI, as a non-resident you are required to hire an outfitter if you are going to hunt big game in a "wilderness" area. So for the hunt you wish to do (DIY), don't plan to hunt a wilderness area. There are plenty of non-wilderness areas in the state to hunt such as BLM, state forest land, etc. I haven't hunted WY so can't offer any suggestions for a specific place to start to check out. Good luck with your search

Region Y Either above Buffalo, Sheridan Or Kaycee. There is some nice bucks up in the High Country. But you are gonna have to work you A$$ off for them. You would probally have better luck hunting around the base of any of the towns Stated above. in the open country easier to find and way more to choose from. Just my 2 cents hope it helps

Thanks duckhunter for the info i will check in to that region. Do you know anything about the west side of the Big Horns region r around TEN SLEEP and HYATVILLE?When you say working my tail off do you mean the numbers are lower in the high country and alot more cover?

Never hunted on the west side, but have fished alot of the lakes on that side and while hiking into them i have spotted nice deer. Ya hunting the high country for deer can be tough because of the terrain. The numbers are good but finding a trophy in the high country can be tough, it is some nasty country once you get up in there aways. They like hanging around in the burned areas which is such a joy hiking through!!!!!!!!