• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Running just one of the dual inboards.

Valv

People with twin inboards, is there any problem trolling with just 1 motor running instead of 2 ?

Reason is my props are too high pitched, if I run both motors I troll at 4.2/4,5 mph. Kill one and I'm in the 2.4/2.8 mph.

I alternate 1 hour port then 1 hour starboard, so the hours on meters are even. Boat is a little "squirmy" but not bad.

I use to do it all the time, no problem. Just watch the hours to try and keep them as close as posible for maintenance reasons. I'd run one to two hours on one, then start the second, warm it up a little then shut down the other, and run the fresh one. Too hard with any props to get a slow speed. I also use to put one into neutral when comming into the dock, it helped a lot.

Thanks guys. I figured it couldn't be a problem, but I had to ask just in case I was missing the obvious.

I will still look at different props during winter, even with 1 motor I am still a little high on mph.