• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hows The Fishing ?

Well did any body get out fishing this weekend? How did you do?

My husbands boss got married this weekend so we had to stay home and go to that.

Next weekend we get to go and the 4th of July thur the 10th of July we are going.

This year has been a slow year for us. When we have gotten out to fish we haven't caught anything to brag about.

<><Mary><>

Hi Mary: We did not get out last weekend. It stormed all day Sat. and he also had to work. Sunday started out with thunderstorms and then got pretty decent but we had so much yard work to catch up on we did not get to go. Next weekend we have "the relatives" UGH. Last time we were out we caught some nice sunnies and a rock bass so we had fish for supper anyway but we were fishing a small lake which he likes to fish because we always catch supper.

------------------
Phyl

Hi everyone:

Finally... my knee is coming along and i have been able to do some serious fishing up north. I went out with a friend for Father's Day. He wanted to take his son fishing but he is afraid of touching fish lol. Well we went to his lake and since I don't know it very well we did not too good.. only a few bass, some perch and a few sunnies.
Lat Sunday i went out to North Twin Lake near my home with a friend and we caught tons of largemouths and pike. got two limits of pike and about 26 bass (we did not keep the bass).
Today i went out by myself for the first time.. launched my boat and caught some monster largemouths... a few over 3 and 1/2 pounds and nothing under 15 inches. It was wonderful to catch up with the fishing. I have given up on walleyes for now.. since i cant drive too far and lakes around my home are mostly bass and pike lakes. Not many people seem to like eating bass around here... i guess i can start keeping some to add to the fish fry i hope to have very soon.
July 4th weekend will see me in Lake Winnie. Hope there are still some walleyes there lol.

Good fishing to all!

Blanca out!

Hi everyone:

Finally... my knee is coming along and i have been able to do some serious fishing up north. I went out with a friend for Father's Day. He wanted to take his son fishing but he is afraid of touching fish lol. Well we went to his lake and since I don't know it very well we did not too good.. only a few bass, some perch and a few sunnies.
Lat Sunday i went out to North Twin Lake near my home with a friend and we caught tons of largemouths and pike. got two limits of pike and about 26 bass (we did not keep the bass).
Today i went out by myself for the first time.. launched my boat and caught some monster largemouths... a few over 3 and 1/2 pounds and nothing under 15 inches. It was wonderful to catch up with the fishing. I have given up on walleyes for now.. since i cant drive too far and lakes around my home are mostly bass and pike lakes. Not many people seem to like eating bass around here... i guess i can start keeping some to add to the fish fry i hope to have very soon.
July 4th weekend will see me in Lake Winnie. Hope there are still some walleyes there lol.

Good fishing to all!

Blanca out!

Hello missGonefishing, Good to hear your knee is better. Sounds like your getting in some good fishing. We will be heading up to our camper to get in some hopefully good fishing on the 4th thru the 10th. Bass are good to eat after all they are from the Sun Fish family. I kept a couple small ones once to fill in for a fish fry and they tasted just like the Sunnies. Have a great time on the 4th and keep us posted on how your doing.
<><Mary><>

Yes looks like you are doing better than the rest of us - bad knee and all! We did the relative thing last weekend. UGH Hope that is enough of that for the summer and we can get back to fishing.

Last time I added bass to the sunnies and fried them and no one even knew I did it. But then we have always eaten them. I do clean them last like someone on the sight suggested.

Hope to get some fishing in over the 4th. Of course the hay is ready to haul also - oh goody!

Hello Ladies!

I think I deleted the first part of this message so here goes the rest.

Bass have been very cooperative around here. I have been catching numbers of largemouths in the 16-19 inch range. I found this honey hole in this little lake that is giving me enough reasons to start naming each fish... there are some I have caught at least twice LOL. Today I caught around 20 of them on bobbers and nightcrawlers (ran out of them and turned to some old power worms (4 inch) I found in the tackle boxes. I also tried a popper for the first time and it was fun but not too productive... perhaps I was using it wrong.
I'm heading to Lake Winnie for the 4-5-6th with a friend. It's not too far away from Bemidji but I've been wanting to go there for some time. And I found a place where they allow pets! My older dog loves to accompany me in the boat and the new puppy needs to be trained in fishing etiquette! Anyone in the area during those days?

Well... good luck for the Holiday and keep on fishing!!
Blanca

Well I have never caught fish closer to home than in the last week. We live on Buffalo Lake which flooded. After the sandbagging was done, the yard was ready to be fished. Nothing like fishing your lawn instead of mowing it! Fish seemed to bite anything. Caught crappies, sunnies & bass. Hubby also was able to bow hunt for carp in the horseshoe pits. My vegetable garden went 3' under, so no harvest this year...guess I'll get more fishing time!

------------------
Tight Lines

We live up on a very high hill 40 miles from Fargo - which we can see at night. When Fargo was flooded in '97 my husband said we had "beach front property". Sorry to hear you are having water problems - that would not be fun.

We went out yesterday to a small lake that is close by. We did not feel like fighting the crowds on the big ones this weekend. We caught sunnies and bass and a couple of snakes. Then decided to go for a swim. Docked the boat on an open beach and went swimming. Then since I still had some bait left threw a line in the water next to the reeds and bam! Well, I started to feel just like those big fishing guys on TV. Everytime we would throw a line in we would catch a fish. Had a blast, but released them all because we had enough for supper. It was really fun - too bad they weren't eyes or big bass. Oh well, us budding TV stars have to start somewhere. grin.gif

------------------
Phyl