• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

nice to see

It sure is noce to see a bunch of women who seem to enjoy fishing as much as I do...I only can get up to Lake Vermilion once a year for a week as I am in TX. Still can't get used to the muddy, overcrowded I guess it a lake down here. I am so jealous of ya'll. I WILL be up there in Aug (55 days and counting) Great site HAPPY FISHING!!!

Jill in Dallas

[This message has been edited by fininjunkie (edited 06-16-2002).]

Hi Jill,

Welcome! Its nice to hear from other women on here. You fell free to come back and talk to us any time. Its hard to get women to come back here to often. I love to fish!! I just got home a little bit ago from our camper that we have in southren Mn. We go up every chance we get. So do you do much fishing in Texas? <><Mary><>

Thanks for the response...Nope, no fishing in TX. I grew up in MN and I guess I am spoiled. I just can't fish for bass and stripers or catfish. I'm used to wallys and the toothy little critters!!! I think the fish here taste funny too, must be the warm water.

So did you catch anything???

[This message has been edited by fininjunkie (edited 06-16-2002).]

Hey welcome fininjunkie
Always nice to see some new women stop by! Especially a Texan (my mom was from Paris, TX). I know my uncle use to fish on lake Texarkana. They use to talk about the water moccasins trying to get in the boat on one lake they fished. My great aunt was in Clarksville and I remember going fishing down there someplace when I was just a little kid and we ran into Hoss's (from Bonanza) son on that lake but don't remember where we were. Hope you have a great stay in MN and come back and visit us on this site! Hey, we saw 3 pairs of geese herding their kids around the lake begging for food today - they were really cute.

------------------
Phyl

I am from Burnsville/Lakeville area. My grandparents lived in Glenwood. I remember going to Lake Minnewaska and catching sunnies all day long. Good to hear from everyone! Happy Monday (Augh!)

Jill