• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ROOT BEER LADY - Dorothy Molter

A couple years ago I bought this book. Its a great read about a great lady that lived and ran a resort in the BWCA. I got it out again and reread it sence winter has decided to stick around for ever this year. I bet there are people out there that knew this Lady.

Alwys meant to get to meet her,never did ,but I know a lot of people who knew her or met her ,she was the last person allowed to live in the bwca.They have her cabin in Ely,sort of a museum,sell her root beer and what not.Who wrote the book?Probably bob cary?
good fishing...wwwgarytheguide.com

Yes she would have been interesting to meet ,she was a friend to the solitude of the outdoors that we will never know.We could try to live her way ,but it would be a hard thing to pull off now,couldnt live where she did anyhow,its not allowed!!!Go figure.
good fishing ...www.garytheguide.com

I too stopped up to visit the Root Beer Lady Museum last summer with my family and we found it to be very interesting. Her life was quite a story.

------------------
Fish On!
Big Lew

I met Dorothy when I was a little girl. (I was so young that my assigned "load" on the portages was to carry the boat sponge.) My family camped every summer in the BWCA and I remember drinking the root beer and meeting this wonderful lady. Such memories.... Dorothy lived a remarkable life!

------------------