• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hey, ladies, Any ice fishing reports?

I'm interested to hear what the other gals out there have been doing on the new ice.

I've been out quite a few times and had some pretty good luck. (Although, I must say the biggest fish so far for me has been a big old eelpout. )

I've done all of my ice fishing in Isle Bay and Twin Bay on the SE corner of Mille Lacs. Both locations have produced keeper walleye and some nice perch. My son's friend caught a nice Northern Pike last Sunday.

The best luck was this past Wednesday with Rick, (see pic on home page) we got 3 walleyes! The angel-eye jig seems to get the most action. We got our fish from 4 to 8 p.m., but there were others out there that caught up to 13 walleyes during the day.

Good fishing!

Lisa
I have caught some 11-13" Crappies, evening bite! Your are right it is hard to find the right gear to go ice fishing for a girl. I have my Man drill the holes, then I take over. Fishing through the ice what a riot!
Hoe's Partner

[This message has been edited by HOE (edited 12-21-2000).]

Wow, nice crappies! How deep were you fishing? Were you in a bay or on the big lake?

I agree, Ice fishing is a blast! I enjoy watching the fish swim by in shallow water. Especially when the baitfish head for the hills! That's when you know there's something bigger coming through!

As far as "equal opportunity" is concerned, hey, fair is fair! I'm guessing that many of you guys are much more willing to pitch in and auger a few holes than to help iron the clothes or go grocery shopping! (am I wrong??)

It's all about give and take. (Now if the lady catches more fish, well that's another story!)