• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Northern Wis(Mar. 13th)?

Coleman

Hey guys. I have spring break coming up and it appears that all the snow will be gone, so a snowmobiling trip isn't going to happen. So my dad and I were thinking about going trout fishing the second weekend of March, the 13th-15th. Where would be a good place to go in Northern Wis.? Is the Brule pretty good this time of year? It would just a catch and releast type trip too. Any information would be great. Thanks a lot.

Cole

Thanks a lot for the link. So, now I know where I can fish. But I'm not too certain where a good place would be to try. We hit the Brule river last summer and had a great time. That's why I mentioned the Brule, but obviously it will be closed during that time period. Anyone have any recommendations to try? Thanks again.

Why not try the Namekagon. Not real far from the Brule. Very pretty river, and it has some big browns in it. The other thing I forgot to mention is; that part of the state is usually about 2 weeks behind the Cities area, and they may still be frozen in places. YOu might want to try around Seeley, I've had some luck in that area.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Magneto (edited 02-28-2004).]

Renneberg,
are there any locations that may work better than others? I haven't ever tried for Cohos. I've only tried fishing for Trout in Wis once, so the area is fairly new to me. Pretty much all of my experience is from Colorado.

Magneto,
Thanks, I'll check out the Namekagon area. We normally go to Cable to snowmobile, so that might be a good place to go.

Thanks for your help guys.

Cole

The mouth of the French River is where much of the Looper and Coho fishing is done. Most anglers are targeting Loopers but catch a few Cohos. Loopers average between 4-8lbs.

Check the BWCA forum for more info.

http://fishingminnesota.com/cgi-bin/forums/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=BWCA-Duluth-Ely+Area&number=4&DaysPrune=60

------------------
"Study to be quiet"