• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New stamp rates!

rushing

Beleive it or not there are browns that survive in Seven Mile Creek. I know what you are talking about though (drying up). I don't know how they survive but the DNR only stocks 10,000 brown trout fry a year and supposedly 1/10 of 1% survive, so if my math is correct that is 10? I have caught one 14in and a 10in and it only took me seven years? Maybe it should be seven year creek??LOL They need to dig some deeper holes and provide some lunker structures. There is very little cover there. I have talked with people that have caught thier limit of trout there in the past which makes me sick. Who knows how long it will take to replace those fish since they are stocked as fry. The biggest problem though is the lack of stream flow. The stream has very little bug life since the stream bed is always drying out to some extent. Those are some tough trout in that stream and they have my respect. They have a tough enough life without me hasseling them with my flyrod so I won't fish it ever again. I do go and occasionaly watch them though. Trout are just cool fish, by far my favorite fish.

Tight lines
Rob