• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Questions.

Just wondering if theres a certain time of year that the trout really go into a hot bite. just realized that the first time we went up last year was about 2-3 weeks ago. we usually fish on long lake up north of park rapids. we went up yesterday and didnt do well. 1 trout for 4 guys, and everytime we went up last year we limited out, until this very weekend when we got skunked. just wondering if its more of an early season bite?? also whens the trout season close?

also, what seems to be better? we fished the deep water (about 60 feet) only 10 feet down though, and we also tried up in shallower water (about 10-15 feet and everywhere in between) didnt even see any fish on the vexi.. just wondering if they all may have left to the springtime area of the lake or what!>? doesnt seem normal to not even read any fish suspended on the vexi..

thanks for any information. also lookin for trout lakes more around home. where do they get em around St.cloud? i've also heard of a trout lake near albany?? or somewhere around there.

any info is greatly appreciated!!
thanks alot

I think that the bite does heat up as the season comes to a end.
This year I have seen trout in deeper water than last year.

There are lake near St. Cloud with trout in them. Check out this link to find one near you.
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fishing/trout_lakes/list.html

------------------
"Study to be quite"

On a ok day you'll tell your buddies the name of the hole.
On a good day you'll tell them the name of the river.
On a great day you'll tell them you went bowling.