• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rivet Heads Popped Off

fishindon

I was fishing on the Missouri River this past week end and I had 7 rivet heads pop off on my 1995 Sylvan Pro Select on the left front side. Does anyone know where to get them replaced near New Ulm/Mankato and an approximate cost. There was a good walleye chop but nothing really bad. Any replies appreciated.

fishindon, If you can get to both sides of the rivet, it's an easy job to do with an assistant. I once bought a DNR canoe that I replaced or tightened all the rivets, Not a leak! I went to the local (North Broadway, New Ulm) trucking shop and asked to buy about 200 of the rivets they use to repair semi cabs with. Rivets were cheap enough, like $4.00 or so and they fit perfectly! You might even be able to 'bribe' wink the body guy there into replacing them for you, as they no doubt run into situations where they MUST blind rivet. Maybe for a case of his favorite beverage or so. Phred52

Most boat dealers parts department will have a leak proof pop rivet that has no seem in it like a normal pop rivet you would buy from Menards. Make sure you know what size you need before going to the dealer. Then put a little silicone up the hole and pop the rivet in and wipe off the excess silicone. I keep a few spares in the boat just in case.

Thanks for the info Phred52 znd Basseyes. Actually found a business in NU that will do a blind rivet for me. If it leaks, will have to go the long version, that is removing the top floor, live well, and inner floor. Thanks again.