• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dove Hunting

jegerjack

I would forget about asking this lady if you can put up a blind next to her bird bath in her back yard..... This is from the letter section of the strib..... JegerJack

That's not hunting

Mourning doves are not secretive game birds that must be stalked by the skilled hunter. They are practically tame, and they're everywhere -- birdbaths, telephone wires, fence posts, garden gates.

Why do we want to pass legislation that allows song birds to be used for target practice? And why don't the real hunters stand up and decry this travesty?

Vada Rudolph, Minneapolis.

------------------
"What did the old man trade for these guys, a used puck bag?"

I was a little off on my numbers here they are. "A large amount of lead is required to bring down a fast flying target - 5 to 8 shot shells for each dove is average [uSFWS, and others]" This quote was from a North Carolina Dove hunting web site.