Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crappiefisherman

60 horsepower mercery prop

5 posts in this topic

I know this probably is not the place to post this but I need info now. Yesterday Me and the boys went out for the first time. and the lake was lower then I thought and i had the motor down because I do not have power tilt and trim. and the prop hit knocking a corner off of the prop.My problem Is with out taking the prop off how do i know what kind of stock mecery prop to look for and buy. I just bought boat used last fall.

Thanks

The motor should have a serial number on it. You might get lucky and find it on the mercury HSOforum. You can also do a search on "mercury outboard serial numbers". There are a couple of sites that have info. If all else fails, take the number to a Mercury parts dealer and they can tell you what year it is and what prop to use.

The prop may have a number on it as well indicating pitch, diameter, etc. I hope that helps

What I would do is take the prop off and bring it to a shop that will rebuild it. It will cost you about half the price. I took my prop in the spring and it cost me $65 instead of $140, I took mine to formula propeller in Brooklyn Park just south of 694 on county road 81. I have had mine out 3 times and it runs just like a new one.

Try a Comprop while you are have the old one rebuilt. It makes a great spare and the performance on my 90 Evinrude is very good. I'm sure they make one for your 60 Merc. Check Cabela's HSOforum for specs.

Good luck