• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fishing Easement?

HookEmHard84

I usually only trout fish on waters where I either have a relationship with the landowners or know of a public access spot. However, this weekend I will be down in SE turkey hunting, and would like to do some trout fishing during the lulls (or hopefully after I blast a bird the first morning!) I don’t know of any public access spots we will be close to, and the land we will be hunting on doesn’t have any fishable water. Checking out the DNR map, it looks like the stream nearest to us (money creek) has the fishing easements. What does this mean? Can I cross private land to get to the stream? I will probly still go ask the landowner, but I am still curious to know what the fishing easement means.

Thanks

HH

Fishing easements mean that the landowner has agreed that the DNR put in accesses. These are usually step ladders built over fences. They also mean the landowner isn't going to come tearing over with their 12 gauge and tell you to get off his property smile

Good luck with the birds and the trout! I don't get up to bat until the 2nd week of May... make sure you leave some for me