• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

strikemaster mag 3 plus

KSW

It's has an 8" chipper blade and the part that is missing is I think is a piece that runs from the throttle cable to the carb. It still runs, you just have to adjust the speed down by the carb.

I've seen them sell for $75-$150.

There is no connection from throttle linkage to the carb.

More then likely the spring to the governor is missing or it was taken apart and put together wrong.

You can contact an authorized SM repair center and have them fix it. You might find a manual in pdf format on-line as well.

I have one of these. The carb gummed up and when I took it off the motor, the governor piece and spring fell out so I didn't see how it was supposed to be set in there. Took quite a bit of time but once I figured it out it and cleaned the carb it ran perfectly. Agree with ST to just bring it in to a reputable repair shop and they can get a spring and put it back together in short order.

Steve