Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delzz7

Turkey Hunting Pine Ridge District

5 posts in this topic

Me and a couple of buddies are planning a trip the Nebraska Natonal Forest - Pine Rige District around the 25 of April. We have never hunted there, looking for any kind of information (past hunting stories & experiences, type of weather to expect, birds #'s, hunting pressure, areas the birds like).

I appreciate any info, thanks

delzz7,

I can't help you with any personal experience as far as hunting out that way.

I can tell you that the area is beautiful and you will enjoy yourself. Should be lots of birds. You should be pretty good on weather, but plan for the extremes. Check out the Nebraska Game and Parks page. Get in touch with a warden. They will answer all of your questions. They are pretty friendly.

Hopefully someone from the state chimes in and provides some core answers. Good luck and post on how you do. Take some good pics.

Try giving Tim Griffen, the biologist in the area a call. (308) 533-2257.

Good luck and let me know if that helps!! It will be a good learning experience for me too grin

Is that near the Halsey Area? I am being told by one of the guys that work for me that there are lots of birds in that area. Hunt down by the River area, They usually roost or nest not far from the river.

If this is not the area. I guess i am not much help. When you Mention Pine Ridge, first thing that comes to mind is the Indian Reservation. But that is north and west of Valentine. Goes into South Dakota and well as Nebraska.

My brother recieved a map in the mail today. So, I'll try to call Tim tomorrow. The area is just south of Chadron, in the northwest part of the state.