• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bacon!!! Bacon!!!..I smell Bacon!!!!!...

catflisher

Thanks for posting this.It brought back many memories of fishing with grandpa when I was a little snot gobbler and watching some of his tricks, he did not have all the gadgets(I feel lost without a vex or gps)He said they will always bite on something.Not much was wasted in their house.One of his tricks was pork belly or side pork or pork skin,if I am not mistaken I believe he boiled it in salt water and soaked it in his magic fish oil(anise oil and sardine or oyster oil)He would use it on a hand made jig or one of his hand made spinners.I also remember taking out something from my tackle box that we used with much success 2 weeks earlier and having him say that will not work now,use this.He knew what bugs,larva,minnows,frogs and whatever was hatching at a given time.He was always picking up feathers and fur from critters and making flies also.

Thanks again for stirring up the fond memories!

Catching crickets and grasshoppers for sunnies was the best. Live frogs, bacon, lizzards. The problem is, too many people won't take the time to try the old and tested. We have even used small mice for fishing. If it wiggles, fish will hit it. smile