Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scoot

Thank you thank you thank you

2 posts in this topic

I've had very little access to a computer for the past week and didn't see the discussion in this forum on the flooding. I've posted this elsewhere, but given that there's been discussion in this forum, I wanted to post it here too.

Although I mentioned in the initial post that Fargo isn't exactly out of the woods yet, I should have also mentioned that communities to the North of us will need tons of help for some time.

To all those who worked, helped, and prayed for Fargo and the communities to the North and South of us, thank you so much. I can't put to words the amount of appreciation that is coming your way.

The emotional roller coster we've been on is unbelievable. The effort has been enormous and although we've had some significant and terrible losses (e.g., Oak Grove), we've done really well to hold our own so far. We're far from done, but things are finally turning the right direction.

I've learned a lot about people through this whole thing. The effort that perfect strangers have put in has been incredible. The Hesco (modular dike material) behind my brother's house was failing on Thurs and we had to build a secondary dike- the plan was for a 15' wide, six feet high, and 80 yards long sandbag dike behind the primary Hesco dike. Before we knew it, there were 250 people (some from all over MN, ND, the Midwest, and elsewhere) in his yard filling spots in eight lines throwing bag after bag. In three hours the whole crew put that sucker together- it was absolutely a monumental task that amazed me. It was one of dozens and dozens of examples I've seen through this mess that has positively restored my faith in people and humanity.

Thank you to all of the National Guard, police, fire fighteers, Coast Guard, and volunteers for this incredible and awe-inspiring effort.

Good to hear that Fargo for the most part are beating this flood. Let's hope it stays that way.Best of luck.

I've been doing some sandbagging of my own for a sub division south of Grand Forks(Burg addition about 80 houses). They now have a dike built 53 to 54 feet high going from house to house. Its hard to say how many sandbags it took. They have called off volunters from the city and have shut down sandbag central in GF for now. Should stay dry if the dikes hold. The one town I'm a little worried about is Drayton (about 45 miles north of GF)sits low right by the Red and I'm not sure if they have a high enough dike. Lets hope for the slow melt off to continue and no more preciptitation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• duurrrr whats a heat exchanger I sold my trail sled and only have my f/c ice fishing sled now.   I was thinking about buying a new trail sled beginning of this year but glad I didn't I just don't have time for both ice fishing and sledding oh the hardships I have   I wish I lived in the mountains I think snowmobiling would win over fishing
    • Have the 8" k-drill. Bought it at the fishing show. Had it out about 8 different times and love it. No complaints. Very light weight, drill about 20-25 holes out each time. Only on Monday did I have to use a second battery, had about 21 inches of ice. I have two 5ah batteries for it.
    • It was awesome.....it is not exactly a new thing for presidents to lie, but the guy actually brought in clappers to clap for his lies about pee and crowd gate.....as this means somehow he wasn't lying his a$$ off?  Watching Spicer later in the day trying to provide cover for the boss was almost painful. ....if it wasn't so funny. No clappers there    #sidetrackedfromallthefirstdaypromises
    • Looks like great sub-flooring but not sure how well chip board products would hold up for a trailer top? Even if it's a covered trailer the slush and salt will do a number on the bottom side I would think? For the cost I would just put some 5/8th treated plywood down.
    • I used to sip cognac with a beer and I didn't even get in to whiskeys or bourbons until 8 or 10 years ago, so as a novice I started with the Canadian blends like Crown, Tangle Ridge and Pendleton and I'm more of a sipper using the old fashioned glasses.  I can't give recommendations on any of the really good brands, but if you ever see some of this... run screaming from the bar.  
    • Catfish is right up there with walleye, perch, trout, steelhead, salmon, flounder, grouper.....
    • What does it matter what Bernie Sanders had figured out considering the DNC blatantly rigged the primary against him? And then they tried with all their might to do it again and were exposed.   Face it, you party is fueled by people who are showing that they are the very ones they claim to be fighting against.    Immoral, intolerant, violent, judgemental and full of hate. 
    • hope to have my nills by next weekend to do some testing. 6 incher. putting it with a ryobi 600 pound torque drill with 4 amp batteries. sold the clam plate and auger. friend also use it with the milwaukee drill and same hang up issue. used an 8 inch k drill on bowstring last week with the milwaukee fuel.  opened holes nice and drilled nice. 
    • Trump totally destroyed by hundreds of thousands the numbers that were in attendance for the inaugurations of LBJ and Gerald Ford. Trump again wins. Just win, win, win, win, if not pretend you did.   He may just do the same thing to the country, so don't get to excited.
    • Just drove down from the Brainerd area. Lots of snow up there but going fast. Saw 4 young guys in a ditch south of there with not much snow and one sled with hood up smoking bad. Their still learning you need snow to cool your liquid sleds!
  • Our Sponsors