Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
O2Fish

H2O on the bow

Thinking of getting an H2O for the bow. I have a Lowrance 27 on the dash. Will these two interfere at all? I was thinking of mounting it with a ram mount. How do you do the power thing? Recharge at home every night? I don't think there is a way to run power to them while using it unless I would wire in a 12v plug up front. Any suggestions?

Mount a 12 volt plug and run it to the battery using a in line fuse. Mount it on a Ram mount.

One thing though is that the H2O screen will be very small to try and see when at the dash.

I would look into finding a used GPS or combo unit that will accept a chip and mount that up front. I have a old Lowrance X-15 on the bow and it works great up there. Go on the E site and you can find them cheap.

i have a 27 on my dash and when im up front i just turn unit around on ram mount and watch it that way hate to spend 1000 on unit and then only use it when im driving to fishing spot..so this way it gets used the whole time and had a big enough screen to see when i turn it around...save some money

Like tom said, I already have a gps on the dash. My problem is I cant see through the wind shield. I do a lot of cranking so Im at the dash plenty. The biggest reason I want a GPS up front is for the speed while pulling spinners. Is there a way on the H2O to make about half of the screen the speed?

I thought about getting another combo unit for the bow but dont want to spend that much money on something that will stay in the boat. I figured this way I could use it driving and most importantly, ice fishing.

I dont think you will be able to make the speed read big enough to see from the wheel. It would be pretty tuff even sitting up front.

Like I said you can grab some of these older but stil good units very cheap now.

I have a old Global Map 3200 that I used to have mounted on my sled and you can get into those dirt cheap. They will take Lakemaster Chips and Old Navionics but not new ones. Ill be selling mine at our swap meet if your in the area. There are usually other guys selling such type machines at great prices.

Twig Town Hall Sat April 4th. See BWCA/Duluth Forum for more info.