Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
O2Fish

H2O on the bow

5 posts in this topic

Thinking of getting an H2O for the bow. I have a Lowrance 27 on the dash. Will these two interfere at all? I was thinking of mounting it with a ram mount. How do you do the power thing? Recharge at home every night? I don't think there is a way to run power to them while using it unless I would wire in a 12v plug up front. Any suggestions?

Mount a 12 volt plug and run it to the battery using a in line fuse. Mount it on a Ram mount.

One thing though is that the H2O screen will be very small to try and see when at the dash.

I would look into finding a used GPS or combo unit that will accept a chip and mount that up front. I have a old Lowrance X-15 on the bow and it works great up there. Go on the E site and you can find them cheap.

i have a 27 on my dash and when im up front i just turn unit around on ram mount and watch it that way hate to spend 1000 on unit and then only use it when im driving to fishing spot..so this way it gets used the whole time and had a big enough screen to see when i turn it around...save some money

Like tom said, I already have a gps on the dash. My problem is I cant see through the wind shield. I do a lot of cranking so Im at the dash plenty. The biggest reason I want a GPS up front is for the speed while pulling spinners. Is there a way on the H2O to make about half of the screen the speed?

I thought about getting another combo unit for the bow but dont want to spend that much money on something that will stay in the boat. I figured this way I could use it driving and most importantly, ice fishing.

I dont think you will be able to make the speed read big enough to see from the wheel. It would be pretty tuff even sitting up front.

Like I said you can grab some of these older but stil good units very cheap now.

I have a old Global Map 3200 that I used to have mounted on my sled and you can get into those dirt cheap. They will take Lakemaster Chips and Old Navionics but not new ones. Ill be selling mine at our swap meet if your in the area. There are usually other guys selling such type machines at great prices.

Twig Town Hall Sat April 4th. See BWCA/Duluth Forum for more info.