• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Black Berry Pearl

bassNspear

Question

12 answers to this question

Most that I've seen and read about are popping the ball out and coloring the ball with a pen.

I also found that there is a multi-color LED behind the ball on Pearls, and someone wrote an application that you install on the Pearl where you can select which color you want to illuminate.

This app only works if you have an 8100 Pearl. It will not work with the 8110, 8120, or 8130 since they do not have the polychromatic trackball.

If you have the 4.5 operating system on the Pearl, there is an app called "Blingball" that you can download and install.

"colorpearl" is another app that might work if you have an older OS such as 4.2 or 4.3.

Oh, if you can't find an Over The Air (OTA) link to download directly to your Pearl you'll have to download the regular file to your PC, and then use the Blackberry Desktop Manager software to transfer it to the Pearl.

If you're lucky you'll find the OTA link and then you can just use the phone's browser to go to that HSOforum and download it right from there.

B'N'S - You first need to find out what OS you have on your phone.

Click the BB Button > Options > About

It will say v4.5.x.x. or you may be on v4.2.x.x

If you have version 4.2 or 4.3 you will need to locate the Colorpearl app mentioned above, otherwise if you are running version 4.5 you can download the "Blingball" App OTA (Over The Air) from your BB by going to

troybrownpc.com\Blingball.jad

Click YES to Download and you should be all set. Whenever doing something like this, it is imperative that you make a backup first to CYA! I know the rules about links, but I couldnt think of any other way to help you out other than that lol?!

Yes you do have to do the ColorPearl then. I installed it on my wifeys BB last night and it works great. You can go to Download . com and search for it there. What I had to do was download the ZIP file first seeing as she doesnt have Internet and then Install it using BB Desktop Manager.

B-N-S - I cant find your email addy.

Shoot me an email at jakesbuds @ gmail . com and I will send you the 2 files needed to upload to your phone. You have to use Desktop Manager to do it, you do have that correct? The files are only 3.5KB so they are very small.