• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MULE DEER

Are you a ND resident?I assume you are talking about rifle tags.4C is the toughest draw in the state.Usually it takes 3-5 years to get a tag for a buck in one of those units unless you are really lucky.

If you are a NR it takes longer.

If you are a resident of ND, I believe the chances are a bit better in 4D or 4E. I used to hunt both areas very extensively with bow and gun. A lot of good national grasslands to hunt in, thousands of acres to walk and stalk. If you are lucky enough to draw a muley buck or doe, I would take the time early fall to do some preseason scouting, maybe a little sharptail grouse hunting mixed in, just to get the lay of the land. The Burning coal Vein Campground is a favorite of mine. It is located just west of Amidon a bit and is close to both 4D and 4E. I live in MN now so getting a gun tag in ND Badlands is just about impossible for non-resident. I hunted in that area for over 10 years and loved every minute of it, a lot of good memories.

I grew up in edinburg nd and now live in thief river falls mn. Im in no hurry to get a tag because everyone has said it will take 7 years for a nonres. I can hunt by ray nd on my wifes grandmas land but you dont see very many mules over their. Thanks for you help