Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lowrox

Vexilar won't charge

8 posts in this topic

When I put my FL-18 on the charger the red/green lights on the charger flash on and off. All off the lights on the onboard power indicator also flash on and off. My battery is about three years old. Any idea what the problem might be? Time for a new battery perhaps?

Sounds like the battery is internally shorted. If you disconnect the battery with the charger still on does it stop flashing the lights?

Before you go out and buy a new battery I would recommend tryn a different charger. I thought my battery was dead, went out bought a new battery got home and had the same problem. Turns out my charger was junk.

I'll have to take it apart to disconnect the battery, I'll give that a try though.

BnD - I tried three different chargers and they all acted the same, flashing lights all over the place. It was like Christmas all over again, except not in a good way this time.

This same thing happened to me with my Snap-on cordless tool battery. The light kept on flashing and never went steady for charge. It ended up being the battery shorted internally.

Yep, thanks to all. New battery fixed the problem, I'm good to fish once again.