• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice conditions after all the rain...

olbaidhh

Will this rain affect the ice much if we get the freezing temps later this week?

I would think it would help out and make it last a little longer if we stay cold later this week.

The ice on the lake I was on was really starting to crack a lot this Saturday and Sunday, it sounded pretty bad but there was a LOT of traffic also.

there has to be alot of rain and high winds and warm temps to hurt the ice. with the thickness of the ice this late in the season we should be fine. just watch out for the access cause they tend to hold alot of water and salt/sand from the trucks and cars. you just have to deal with the water in the mean time before it freezes again

Were supposed to get to 45 degrees for the next day or so and 40 mph winds... plus all the rain, that can’t help much.

The good thing I see is 3-4 days below freezing in a row at the end of the week, that’s got to help some.

i checked a lake near cambridge last night and a few near where I work. the only thing the rain did was get rid of the snow. a few degrees above freezing doesn't do much.

as stated above, the access may get messed up, but most of the lakes have 2'+ of ice. it takes quite a few very warm days to mess up that much good ice.

remember though, no ice is 100% safe.