Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleyeslayr

Ford F150 "whistling" in cold???

3 posts in this topic

Here's my problem: My F150 whistles or whines in cold temps. It only does it above 50 mph and steady or accelerating speed. When I take my foot off the gas it goes away. It does not come across the radio- it doesn't seem to matter whether the radio is on or off. I also have no accessories plugged into the cig lighters. I can't tell where it's coming from.

Any ideas?? Thanks.

Mine does the same thing, it is normal, it is just air passing throught the Idle Air Control motor, thats orfice is iced over from the cool moist air. Ford had some fixes for it, but they really havent fixed all of them. There was a pcv heater kit you could install, a new Iac, a pcm reprogram, but in the end, the noise was still there, and your pocket is lighter. Just turn the radio up some more grin

That's what I do. I was hoping it might be some kind of electrical filter or something along those lines. It gets mighty annoying when it's real cold. At least spring is right around the corner.