Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hawkeye43

Tracks

7 posts in this topic

I was talking to the Arctic cat guys at the ice show and they said a minimum of a 650 otherwise it will be really bogged down.

ya that 500 might be a little underpowered! i know a guy who used to have a 600 sportmans w/ tracks and he said he wished he had a 700 or 800 cuz he didnt have enough power

I had tracks on my old 500 and ended up trading it for an 800 right a way as it was way too underpowered.

My honest opinion is don't waste your $$$ on tracks if your not going to upsize your machine.

Like Jeep Guy said 650cc or Bigger, 800 class is optimal.

I was watching a video on youtube of a guy who had a 500 with tracks and he was maxxing out at maybe 15-20 mph. Definitely want a large machine. I would only get tracks if I had the biggest of the big bores, ie Sp850, CanAm 800R, Thundercat.

I can confirm about 15-20 MPH in low snow conditions. If you get into anything deeper it is a Bogging 10 MPH struggle.

Thanks guys, I got a lead on a 500 that I thought I would put tracks on. I will look for a bigger one.