Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BarryG

dust_stl

3 posts in this topic

Send me your phone #

bareman@mail.com

Barry

My cell phone isn’t working it stopped working on me. Im waiting for my phone to come back from my warranty. I don't have any other phone service at this time other than using a work phone or buddy's phone. Email me your number and I can call you from work tommorow afternoon. Im leaving for lake of the woods tommorow night around 11p. We will have internet access well where at Riverbend up at low. We will be posting day by day reports in the lake of the woods thread.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Looking for any intel one would be willing to share for bass fishing on Long Lake just south of Park Rapids.  Our family will be headed there in a couple of weeks.  From what I gather its predominately a walleye lake.  I'm just trying to get a general feel of the lake and hopefully shorten the learning curve.   Thanks, BK
    •   Unfortunately, we just don't know when that will be (injury, free agency, etc.), and by the time they wind down someone else will have already taken their place. More to the point, we need to get to the dance a few times before we will be a threat to the likes of GS, or anyone else for that matter. Get these young guys some playoff experience, continue to build, and add pieces wherever and whenever we can. Keep moving ahead, that's all we can do. It's a cliche, but we can't control what other teams do...only what we do, and I think we are making good decisions with players and personnel lately.
    • Just a guess but we are probably giving it a year or two with the team we have to see what they can accomplish, I know that isn't as sexy and making trades and some big moves or blowing up the team but of the last 5-6 years last year was the first time we could be consider a true cup contender. That one other year we got Dubs and went on a late season run I think a case could be made for being a dark horse contender but of course we got booted by Chicago so ya they were just better than us on every level that year. Eventually Pommers will be gone, Staal's contract will be up and who knows what happens with Koivu and we will be forced to re-tool and get younger. This season will be very telling if we can sustain the level of play we saw for a good chunk of the season last year or if we go mental again. The positive to the mental side of our game is if we get hot at the right time we can be a force, the hard part is lining that up for the playoffs when we just can't seem to get it all together. 
    • It is summer bacon season, plus they have gotten trendy on their own.  
    • Fletcher must really like these guys that are small and quick.  I don't understand why they are trying so hard to keep the team intact.  They haven't made it past the 2nd round for the 5-6 years.  We've had this discussion before, but at what point do you say this just isn't working as is?   They have to move good players to get good players.  
    • I look at it like cast iron....numerous cookings give 'em a perfect seasoning. Gotta leave some residue on IMO.
    • No butcher buddy? They can order one for ya....be advised they have taken a huge leap in prices. Ask a butcher about that. Mine (who's also a good friend) said it's the highest he's ever seen 'em at right now.
    • jhust find a locker plant that smokes their own bellies and buy one from them.
    • I have seen it in Costco quite often.  Didn't look last time.    Or call around, often the meat markets will special order if desired.   Seems it was in the 3 buck a pound area if I remember right.     I don't know how far from a Costco you are, but they are a good place to buy meat.   Sams Club might work also. 
    • Pretty hard to tell. Is this on a TWSP, County or State road? You will need to get a permit from them and build it to their standards if approved. Will you need a culvert? Probably will unless you locate it at a highpoint. Will you have to remove any trees? How much fill is needed? is the ditch deep or shallow? How long do you want it? Hopefully you are not impacting any wetlands... It use to be simple, but now it is much more complicated. Could get spendy...
  • Our Sponsors