• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fl 8 vexlar

slayer21

Slayer21 - you did not say what case it is. I would say ProPack $225-250, GenzPack $200-225. Based on the reconditioned price directly from Vex w/ full warrenty, these are probably pretty fair prices give yours comes with the case & extra battery, but not warrenty. May lean to the higher end of the price range since it is a pretty new unit and it is hitting peak buying time of year.

Fishwater - If that unit had everything I would guess $150-175, so I would put your unit at $100. But you will have to buy your own Genz case & 9amp battery which will probably cost you around $55 plus the extra hassel. I would test it out to make sure it is working - see the Vex HSOforum support FAQ on testing the transducer.

I'm looking to buy one. How well does bait and fish come up on that model?

These are great units and VERY reliable. That is why the resale on these are so good.

Great for targeting panfish. If you mostly target walleye, this does not have a bottom zoom so it is harder to see them when they are hugging the bottom - but will still work.

I have been looking at the marcum vx1 and it seems majority of the folks here would take a marcum vx1 over a fl8. I do like the zoom feature though. My main concern is I want and need to see my lure and fish. Maybe I'm a little paranoid due to the zercom I had that wouldn't detect the lure when it was directly below the ducer

I had the VX-1 for one winter and I really liked it. Could see small jigs with euros no problem. You will be more than happy with that unit. I moved up to the LX-3 just to get more power to knock out the interference from my cuz's fl-18.

Thanks alot, heading out to buy one:)

I had the VX-1 for one winter and I really liked it. Could see small jigs with euros no problem. You will be more than happy with that unit. I moved up to the LX-3 just to get more power to knock out the interference from my cuz's fl-18.