• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Patching gas tanks

Question

5 answers to this question

Jiffyfoot

Do you have a NAPA (auto parts) store near you? They have a gas patch chemical which works well - it is specificly for patching gas tanks.

I used it on a rusty tank I had which was leaking with a steady drip - it sealed the hole and hardened as I watched. Cost was about $8.50 for a tube, but well worth it.

UG

Thanks for the info.

I went with the napa fuel tank repair kit. Comes with a peice of fiberglass mat and two part epoxy. Dried in 20 minutes. I was impressed. Did not like that it cost 12.50 and comes with a 2inch peice of emery paper but I can live with that.

Also found that naval jelly is a good solution for cleaning old pitted stuff down to bare metal. Sand paper and wire brush just would not get into the pits the way the naval jelly does.