Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Duck Soup!!!

2 posts in this topic

Mallard "duck soup: that is!

The bald eagles are really enjoying incrdible success killing mallards up here at this time! It's the 1st time that I have ever sat and observed eagles successfully hunting live ducks, it's amazing!

The 1st item that is required by these eagles is, mallards! As you can clearly see, this is not an issue.

IMG_3115-1.png

The 2nd item to ensure success is to figure out a means in order to have succuss. Once again, these baldy's have it figured out to a TEE! They simply fly very low along a very large drainage that is filled with unwary mallards. When the opportunity presents itself....WHAM they strike with blinding speed and it's all she wrote...."Duck Ala Carte`!!!

IMG_3230.png

IMG_3229-1.png

I'm not sure what this Ruff-legged hawk was thinking, but he sure put the run on the young baldy!

IMG_3134.png

IMG_3135.jpg

This little casual observer wisely decides to stay out of it,LOL!

keeper-1.png

That's a lot of ducks! Great capture of the eagles hunting. Must have been awesome to witness.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Hey @rl_sd who had the meat on sale? Looks great btw
    • chicks maybe exploring what the beak is for
    •   You can also be a little creative with the leftover meat.  For example: The wife and I will whip up a spanish rice mixed in with the pork and make Enchiladas or heat the pork on the stove top, mix in some BBQ sauce and make quesadillas (the grandkids love them).   There's more to pulled pork than sandwiches.  
    • that is great!!!!   good for you guys!!!!
    • Your right rs_ld,  a full smoker is the way to go, leftovers can always be frozen and re heated..good eats.
    • 195 degrees on these butts. Like they say, if you are going to spend 9 hrs smoking 5# of meat, you just as well spend the same amount of time smoking 45#. The local grocery had these on sale so had a few friends take the offer to throw a roast on for them. Took two off early for slicing  Pulling the rest cost them each a beer though!
    • Very good stuff, kinda tasted like ribs with this recipe,  I'll keep at it til I find the right one!! Good luck moon lake!!
    • It will be interesting to see how the Warriors react in free agency.  Will they be able to keep the team together?  It seems like all these guys value winning above a paycheck so they might be willing to sign deals that will still allow the team flexibility to keep good role players around them.    
    • That's too bad.  The fish were ON FIRE up there.  I went out with my dad and uncle with our tiller walleye boat, and hardly a clue what we were doing, and we crushed them!  Ended up with 118 pounds of packaged salmon fillets.  I think I can honestly say it was the most fun fishing trip I've had in my life.  Here's my biggest of the trip, 25 pounds.    
    •   It's amazing to see a thoroughly talented team like Cleveland just get dissected like a back alley pick up team. I agree--GS will be THE team to beat for several more years if they keep their nucleus. I think we can make them sweat a little bit now, though, so that's pretty exciting for a change! 
  • Our Sponsors