Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robert1965

wow just got set up, im here.

5 posts in this topic

there is something about ice fishing. the planning, the drive, anticipation, marking your lure first time on your flasher. fish on, I am so ready, I think I might be a ice fishing nut.

It's an adiction for sure Robert. But I always say, it's better to spend your money doing that than sitting at the bar all weekend.

I am a total Ice Head!!!!! Been out three times already this year..(twice in Ely and once in Duluth). Ely trip was 4 1/2 hour drive and Duluth was 2 1/2 hour drive. Worth the time driven if you ask me......fishing was slow, and most of my friends don't get it.....IT IS NOT ABOUT CATCHING THE FISH...it is about being out there....drilling holes, staring at the Vexilar, firing up the Sunflower.....i LOVE IT! Don't get me wrong, catching fish is a BIG plus.....Doing my first metro lake fish tomorrow night! PUMPED!

Its a bad addiction, to the point it causes problems elsewhere in my life.

Unfortunately between ice & open water being almost back to back, it doesn't give the pocketbook much of a break shocked. To bad you can't take a tax deduction for all this stuff frown (unless you are a guide of course)