• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

eng., temp and battery lights on ski doo renegade

ccarlson

I have an '05 Ski Doo Renegade with the 600 sdi. Last spring, right before putting away for the summer, I took it out for a 10 minute run on good snow across the lake. The engine, temp, and battery lights all came on. I parked it, didn't see any problems with coolant, etc. and later went through the storage procedure noticing the lights still on as soon as I would start it.

Started several times over summer, same lights came on right away and stayed on. This fall I checked the battery charge and it is completely at full charge. Connections all good. Coolant levels good and it is not overheating but the same lights still come on as soon as I start it and they stay on. Any ideas?

ccarlson

Try pushing the button in or tapping it to see if it is popping out all the way. Sounds like it is in a scale mode used to set the speedometer needle location to zero on the face of the dial.

Found this explanation on the actual issue:

Quote:
What has happened is the pin under the reset button (under the rubber cap on your speedo) is stuck. Just take the tip of something small but not sharp and push down a few times on the rubber cap to free up the pin underneath. Don't use something sharp since it will cut the rubber cap.

Sometimes you can just use your finger to jiggle and press the rubber cap a little and it may free up.