Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sx2

cranking down wheel house?

9 posts in this topic

which do you crank down first the winch on the tongue or the winch on the axles?

tongue otherwise all the weight would be on your tongue while your cranking down the back two

I 2nd the tounge first. And if you auger your holes with the house up a foot or so, auger more twords the front of your holes then when you let it all the way down your holes will be (more) centered.

so when you leave you crank the tongue last then?

Actually not a bad question. When the wheels are ready to roll, it's time to bring the toungue up. Sounds simple enough but I've made the mistake before and it was a total pain. Happy fishin'

Great reminder post going into the wheelhouse season. Maybe we need a thread with "best practices" regarding transporting and setup/takedown of wheelhouses as more and more new people are getting into them. Last year was my first season with my own house.

I also keep a bunch of 4x4's cut in about 16" lengths so that I can block up the house if neccesary.