• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Antler mountig ideas

bowser

how do you go about ataching the euro mount to the board? i have just screwed my plaque mounts before. a piece of wire? or glue?

Lag bolt up through the back into the base of the skull just under the spinal cord opening...and if you have a steady enough hand...another screw up into one of the lower jaw bones...careful with that one though!

Instead of a lag bolt, you can also use a bolt with one of those spring openinging thingys that you use to hang heavy stuff on drywall - hard to explain but it fits into the hole of the brain cavity and then pops open and when you start tightening the screw it pulls the skull firmly against the plaque with no damage to the skull..pretty slick and easy way to do it. What are those dang things called anyway......

If you can make precise cuts to manipulate the leather around the antler burrs it gives the mount a very sharp/clean look, and ultimately alleviates the need for braid to cover up any mis-cuts around the burr.

Nice work with the leather...I did mine like those without the braid but felt like something was missing....I add darker leather braid to mine that is darker than the stetched leather to add some contrast and another color. Here is a moose panel mount with the colors I usually use...wish I could take in more of these.

picture010bl6.jpg

picture012wp1.jpg

Here's another one I just finished.

These bucks came from Wisc. just a few days apart. One was from the last couple days of the early archery season, the other from opening morning of gun season. 18 points in 3 days!

I really like to keep these kind of trophies together on the same plaque if I can.

The covering is buckskin from my own deer, adding to the trophy value for me.

DSC01822.jpg