• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clam Voyager LIGHT HOUSE tent

isntblueitsbrown

I'm new here and I'm trying to find out if anybody has any info on the Light House replacement tent? I have a Voyager and was thinking about getting the LH tent because they are only $50.00. Are they made of the same material the blue tents are made of? Are they just as warm? Are they to bright to fish out of at night. Some people don't like to have to much light when fishing for old marble eye's at night. Any info would be appreciated.

Maybe its just late, but ...To bright at night, well you wont have the sun to worry about, and if your worried about the inside light, Just turn your lights down to a low setting or set the light on the ice, that way it wont shine down your hole as much. I was going to purchase the white one for mine, but decided not to, I didnt want to blend in with the background out fishing inthe middle of the lake and have a snomobile run into me so I went with the blue background.

ShawnnYB

I hear you there. I don't think they have reflectors...or do they? I think the price is way cheap and if I would have to replace my blue tent with another blue tent it would be about $150.00 more then the white. I just wish I could convince myself that I would really like the white though.

make sure to shop around isnt, I think i found my replacement for 75, I think i waited till spring though, and even if they have the reflectors it wont help during the day, snowblindness is a bad thing and I could see it happening with the way SOME of those guys drive those machines.

Good luck on trying to find a replacement, the other option would be contacting a canvas place and seeing what they would want, or you could do some patches. What is wrong with the original canvas ?

ShawnnyB

Btw Welcome to the site

Nothing really wrong with it I was just looking for something that would work if something does happen. I always plan ahead. It would be nice to have the link door that comes in the LH also. I have friends that have the link doors and it makes the fishing a little more fun some times when you can chat back and forth but have the comfort of your own house.

I hear ya there, I did get that in mine and i use it as an extra vent hole, also works out great for handing minows out to your "partner" Like I stated before watch the clam site and you might catch it going on clearnace this spring.

Good luck

Thanks for all the good advice. I'm sure I'll be on this site often. I have a couple friends that along with me, are really into ice fishing and I can't wait to call one of them up and ask if they want to go play "Genz and Brosdahl"! Did Brosdahl leave Clam Corp? I see he is in Frabill gear in the In-Fisherman 2009 Ice Fishing Guide.

I hear you there. I don't think they have reflectors...or do they? I think the price is way cheap and if I would have to replace my blue tent with another blue tent it would be about $150.00 more then the white. I just wish I could convince myself that I would really like the white though.

You can get the blue for $75 on Clams site right now. Look in the closeout section.

Well, there ya go go and order one now and youll have it as back up!!!

as far as Bro switching im not sure, really havent heard/seen much. Im sure there will be someone with information on that that will chime in.

ShawwnyB

Originally Posted By: isntblueitsbrown

You can get the blue for $75 on Clams site right now. Look in the closeout section.

Is that for the Blue skin with the Trap Link...they are selling the ones without cheaper than the ones with...

Also you can put the Light Skin Inside the Blue Skin and have it Light Inside so you can see better, and Blue Outside so you don't look like a Dork, and no one can see through and watch you catching or picking your nose like with the white only...and it's warmer,... whistle

A friend of mine came up with that last year...he was too cheap to buy the insulated ones...didn't like the heavier sleds, and wanted the house light inside and dark outside...it only adds a few pounds...less icing up and often doesn't use a heater during the Day...

And no it doesn't scare the fish...it probably just looke white like the ice...unless maybe you were spearing...

Well, I talked with the man who invented the Clam houses last night at a St. Cloud seminar. Dave Genz told me that they are made out of the same material as the blue tents. The only thing different is they didn't dye the Light House tent blue. He told me that they were white when he first invented them but when they hit the sales floor and got a little dirty then every body wanted a discount because they were dirty. First time I met the man and what a great person he truly is. So I guess I got the answers that I was looking for and would like to thank all that helped out.