• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vandias Lake

apegs

I live by Como Lake and went there to fish to dink around for a bit and I decided to explore the city for more lakes. Thats when I came across Vadnias lake and Sucker, i think there atatched. Any ways I was driving around the lake and saw a bunch of no fishing signs around the lake. I researched some ealry post and it sounds like a decent lake but I have a few questions. It sounds like you cant ice fish the lake which just sounds crazy, is this true? Also is it just strictly shore fishing during the warm season, not even canoes? I would love to hear any stories or expierences any body has fishing these lakes and maybe some tips. I'm always looking for new places to explore. one last thing. I ended up on 61 in white bear lake and drove by a lake that looked like it was surounded by houses but I didn't get the best view, but the road that it looks like you would take has a sign that says fishermans preserve, just wondering if that was for the lake or something else?

Vadnais and Sucker are both part of the City of St. Paul water system. Only shore fishing is allowed. Don't know if it's worth going there or not. The gates to gain access to both of them close at night and will soon be left closed for the season. No boats, canoes, wading or ice fishing and fishing is allowed only where posted. The other place you saw is I think, a private marina on the NW end of Bald Eagle. There is a public access on the opposite end of the lake. Bald Eagle gets a lot of fishing pressure year around.